Infrastructure Management Systems for Organizations/Enterprises
The main purpose of Infrastructure Management Systems is to provide a centralized control of all the components within the company’s information infrastructure, i.e. servers, computers, networks, database management systems, applications, and the user support service.
Infrastructure Management System is basically a set of integrated subsystems based on the same technologies by such software vendors as Computer Associates, Symantec, Embarcadero.
Depending on the application, an Infrastructure Management System consists of 12 subsystems which have the following functionality:
- Monitoring of the software and hardware means, as well as events of the application and system software and the database management system. This subsystem is designed for overall monitoring and control of the server infrastructure.
- Monitoring and control of information networks. This subsystem is designed to monitor the key parameters of the network devices and for troubleshooting.
- Monitoring and control of database management systems. This subsystem is designed for overall control of application systems during operation and performance analysis and when choosing the best resource management scheme.
- Monitoring of web servers. This subsystem is designed to monitor key web server parameters.
- Control of computer configuration. This subsystem is designed to collect the information about the software and hardware configurations of the active corporate network computers.
- Management of system and application software updates for computers and servers. This subsystem is designed to ensure required system and application software updates for the computers and servers at the customer’s site.
- Remote administration of computers and servers. This subsystem is designed for a remote centralized administration of the customer’s computers and servers realized in various modes following established administration policies.
- Management of the user support service. This subsystem is designed to manage the interaction between clients and support teams in the context of incidents and service requests.
- Server data back-up, archiving and recovery. This subsystem is designed for centralized automatic control of system data back-up and recovery operations.
- Anti-virus protection of applications and computer and server data. This subsystem is designed to ensure a comprehensive and controlled anti-virus protection for the customer’s computers and servers.
- Monitoring of personnel activity (system operations). This subsystem is designed to ensure comprehensive centralized audits of user activity within the information systems.
- Monitoring of personnel activity related to database management systems. This subsystem is designed to ensure critical data protection and confidentiality, as well as legal compliance through constant monitoring of database queries and the related activity.
All the subsystems use inherent integration tools to interact with each other. Such integration tools ensure a single consolidated event bus, as well as such functionality as data storage synchronization, event handling, alerting, visualization, reporting and incident management.
For managing the customer’s infrastructure a subsystem is integrated in MS Active Directory. Some of the subsystems rely on the corporate email service or the ICQ instant messaging service for alerting purposes.
KonsOM SKS offers to implement infrastructure monitoring and management solutions which employ technologies by such vendors as Computer Associates, Embarcadero, and Symantec.